Three very good news for LAMPRE-MERIDA in the last stage of Tirreno-Adriatico. a time trial of 9,2 km in San Benedetto.
Adriano Malori was very close to the victory: he was 2nd (10’31”), 6” more than thw world champion Tony Martin winning performance.
Very good result for Niemiec too, who could obtain a place in the top ten of the overall final classification: thanks to his timing in the time trial (11’14”), Polish cyclist is 9th i the final ranking, at 3’19” to the winner Nibali.
Celebration day for Cunego too, who was awarded as the best climber of Tirreno-Adriatico.
In addition, LAMPRE-MERIDA’s champion received the trophy as best fighter.
“I really hoped to win, because I perform an outstanding time trial, but Martin is so strong – Malori commented – I had the best timing at the first intermediate, then Martin recovered. It was my second seasonal time trial, after the 5th place in Argentina: I’m more and more aware that the perfect Merida TT Warp bike and my good condition could allow me to compete against the best specialists”.
Niemiec too is satisfied: “It’s a very good result for me and for the team. Being in the top ten reward all the competitive performances I made in the early part of the season and it gave the team important points for the World Tour ranking”.
1. Tony Martin (Omega Pharma-Quick Step) 10’25″
2. Adriano Malori (Lampre-Merida) a 6″
3. Andrey Amador (Movistar Team) a 10″
4. Fabian Cancellara (RadioShack-Leopard) a 12″
5. Jonathan Castroviejo (Movistar Team) a 14″
6. Chris Froome (Sky) a 15″
7. Hayden Roulston (RadioShack-Leopard) a 20″
8. Michal Kwiatkowski (Omega Pharma-Quick Step) a 21″
9. Dario Cataldo (Sky) a 23″
10. Alex Dowsett (Movistar Team) a 23″
1. Vincenzo Nibali (Astana) 28h08’17″
2. Chris Froome (Sky) a 23″
3. Alberto Contador (Team Saxo-Tinkoff) a 52″
4. Michal Kwiatkowski (Omega Pharma-Quick Step) a 53″
5. Joaquim Rodríguez (Katusha) a 54″
6. Chris Horner (RadioShack-Leopard) a 1’21″
7. Mauro Santambrogio (Vini Vantini) a 2’03″
8. Andrey Amador (Movistar Team) a 2’42″
9. Przemyslaw Niemiec (Lampre-Merida) a 3’19″
10. Wout Poels (Vacansoleil-DCM) a 3’35″